Friday 6 July 2012

Arghhh tooo much!!!

I finished another art test. In this time for Splash Damage. In this case was a retrofitting building ( I love it !!!). The concept artist is property of Splash Damage. I don't know was the intention of this test so I try to do something great with minimum geometry and maps (it's something common for all videogames) and here it is:

The illumination was made with a standard lights with three point illumination technique and default Scanline. I did this to avoid cheats, because it's really easy archive a great result with V-ray for example, but it's quite complicate replicate this in a game engine. So this is the more accurate way to see how will be inside a standard game engine (as Unreal, cryengine or Unity).


However, the shaders in game engine let you tweak more parameters than a standard 3D max shaders so it's probably that the final result will be much better.
Stats: two difusee maps 1024x1024 with AO baked and one 1024x1024 normal map with specular baked in blue chanel. Geometry: 7540 tris


I put a lot of thing from films and games as a tribute. How many can you recognise?

Carpe Omnia !!

No comments:

Post a Comment